Misdemeanor Representation starts at $299.
If you are accused of committing a criminal offense, no matter how minor or how serious, please call criminal defense attorney Abel Galvan to discuss your rights. The Mr. Ticket team specializes in representing those accused of criminal offenses. Throughout his career, Mr. Galvan has sought to work on a diverse array of criminal cases and with other well respected attorneys in San Diego. These experiences range from handling minor infractions, to misdemeanor offenses such as driving under the influence (DUI), up to serious felony cases. As part of our practice, we offer a free consultation to discuss each case, big or small. We understand that each case means a great deal to the person being prosecuted.
A misdemeanor is a serious criminal offense. Unlike a simple infraction ticket that is handled in traffic court, a misdemeanor is handled in the Criminal Division of the court house. Misdemeanors are punishable by jail time of up to one year, very high fines, and a loss of driving privileges. You may also have to pay restitution in addition to your base fine. If you fail to go to your court hearing, your driver’s license will most likely be suspended, the court can charge you with another misdemeanor, and can issue a warrant for your arrest. Misdemeanors require a mandatory appearance in court.
Most people are unfamiliar with the criminal court system and want to know what to expect. We would be happy to discuss your case with you, how the court system works, and most importantly, what you can expect as your case goes forward.
The following is a listing of the different types of criminal cases our office handles:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Vehicle Code Violations
- Reckless Driving
- DMV Hearings
- Public Intoxication
- Drug Offenses
- Under the Influence of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Minor in Possession (MIP)
- Resisting Arrest/Obstructing Justice
- Terrorist Threats
- Petty Theft
- Domestic Violence
- Assault and Battery
- Sex Crimes
- Concealed Weapons
- Probation Violations
- Some speeding tickets over 100 mph
- Hit and run accidents
- Fleeing from an officer, including causing an injury while fleeing;
- Causing bodily injury with a vehicle after a license has been suspended or revoked;
- Throwing any substance at another vehicle or vehicle occupant on a public highway;
- Possession of alcohol in a vehicle by anyone under 21;
- Possession of an open container of alcohol in a vehicle (if third or subsequent violation)
Misdemeanor charges need to be taken very seriously. This is not a charge that you want to try and handle on your own. The attorneys at Mr. Ticket can handle everything for you if you have been charged with one of these misdemeanors. We charge a FLAT FEE for this service, and when you decide to retain our services, we take care of everything for you.